New Game Plus was an added feature for the PC version of The Last Remnant. It allows you to create a "clear save" at the end of the credits. You can load this save to begin a new game, with certain elements being carried over from your prior playthrough.
What Carries OverEdit
The following carries over to a new game:
- All area maps
- All Components
- All Magazines
- All Formations
- Your customization levels
- All items that unlock arts for Rush. Rush will also begin the new game with the first art of the Skills granted to him by the Orbs and Formulas. For example, carrying over the Evocation-enabling Azure Orb will grant Rush the lowest-ranked Evocation, Mystic Missile, at the start of the game.
- Mr. Diggs' skills and Digs count, which can be increased over many playthroughs to a maximum of 99
What Does Not Carry OverEdit
The following does not carry over:
- All character stats and skills
- All captured monsters
- All Consumables
- All special items not listed above, such as Salias, Stones, Keys, Visistones, and DLC Items.
- All equipment (weapons, shields, and accessories)
- Since equipment does not carry over, it's recommended to disassemble any equipment you aren't going to use in the final fight, because components do carry over.
- Your Gold
- You will, however, begin the new game with a certain amount of Gold based on the number of Quests you've completed. (Roughly 8 million for completing all Quests.)
- Since Gold does not carry over, it's recommended to spend all your gold before the final fight to purchase and then disassemble various items to gain more components.
Preparing for New Game PlusEdit
It is advisable to ensure you have enough Components to craft very powerful equipment at the start of your New Game Plus.
Weapons and ShieldsEdit
Specifically, the game will be much easier if you can craft equipment for Rush such as an Optimal Tataraichi and Shield of the Vanquisher. If you plan correctly, both can be crafted immediately in Athlum when the Workshop is unlocked, about an hour into the game.
Growth Boost Equipment is extremely useful in the early game. The Ragna-rock is the best accessory to craft and give to Rush, since it grants +200% growth bonuses to all arts and skills. Note that it uses components that you get only once for each playthrough, so if you crafted this or the Doom Chain or Carnage Chain in your prior playthrough(s) and you didn't save the components from any playthrough before that, you won't have the components to craft it at the start of the new game.